Well, it’s been a while since I popped a blog on here, so I thought I’d better get on with one!
It’s been a funny old time with Lockdown. I’ve taken the time to take a step back, assess and plan. And that means that I’ve hit the ground running now that things are starting to get moving again. I have been working on my mindset, and other personal development, and discovered gratitude. Put like that it makes it sound like prior to this I was ungrateful! That’s definitely not the case, but I’ve been focusing on what I am grateful for, and being mindful and present.
The school summer holidays start on Monday, although for those of you with kids who have stayed off school the whole time it’s just a continuation! Having managed all these weeks being a fulltime mum, I’m actually not dreading the long holidays as I have in the past. That’s not to say that I won’t be planning the 6 weeks and looking at things that we can go out and do.
With that in mind, I’ve been researching! This isn’t the same task as it was this time last year as attractions and entertainment businesses are not operating in the same way. It’s great to see that some have been able to find alternative offerings during lockdown, and some are just opening up now. I believe in supporting local businesses; buying local. Now, more than ever, it’s the time to support small and local businesses by visiting them.
Here are some ideas for things to do both out of the house in the Beds and Bucks area, and things for those days when you’re having a staycation*
· Herring Green Farm – A farm and English School of Falconry. We’ve been here as a family and really enjoyed it.
· Animal Edge Petting Zoo - A private small animal farm giving children true access to pet & feed the animals.
· Drive in Movies – As cinemas are yet to open, these are a great alternative if you want a film experience.
· Here are some screen-free things to do on a rainy day.
· Make the most of staying in your garden and keep the kids busy with these games and activities.
So, enjoy your holidays, take pleasure in the small things and stay safe.
*Please check with each individual place before visiting as per opening hours, booking etc.